Sheridan man arrested for sexual assault

This story has been corrected.

A Sheridan man has been arrested on three counts of sexual assault involving minor females.

Dennis Jensen was arrested Monday evening and had his initial appearance in Madison County Justice Court Tuesday. Judge MaryAnn O’Malley set Jensen’s bail at $100,000. By Wednesday he was out on bond.

According to the affidavit for probable cause in the case, Jensen was arrested for sexual assault on three girls between the ages of 11 and 12. The alleged assaults happened June 2012.

Jensen is alleged to have grabbed the victims’ buttocks, put his hands down two of the victims’ shirts and one of the victims’ pants, according to the affidavit for probable cause.

At least some of assaults are alleged to have occurred at Jensen’s Family Market, the business he owns in Sheridan.

According to the affidavit for probable cause, Jensen would sit in a swivel chair and block the victims’ path out of the store until they gave him a hug.

“Dennis Jensen uses the hug as a ploy to feel [redacted] body,” according to the document.

As stipulations of his probation bail, Jensen is not allowed to have any contact with minors.

The Madison County Sheriff’s Department has been working on the case since June, said undersheriff Roger Thompson.

Thompson also confirmed the alleged victims are acquaintances of Jensen’s but not family members.

In Montana law: “A person who knowingly subjects another person to any sexual contact without consent commits the offense of sexual assault.”

Jensen is scheduled to have another appearance in court next week, but that will likely be postponed when his case is transferred to Madison County District Court.

12 Responses to Sheridan man arrested for sexual assault

1. Allyson Davis says:

I have known Dennis Jensen my whole life. Me and his daughter grew up together. Stayed many nights at the family’s home and store. NEVER did i EVER get any uncomfortable feelings nor did he ever make a pass at me. I find it very hard to believe, in fact i refuse to believe these accusations against him. If in fact this was truly happening, why on earth would you let the “victims” continually hang out at the store for all these months…..Praying for the family and hoping this all ends soon!!!

2. Kristy VerHow says:

PRAYING

3. Judy Bacon says:

My heart goes out to the Jensen family. Known them a long time and my granddaughter is friends with their daughter.and spent time around him and never saw any sign of problems. Flat out don’t believe it.

4. Amy Schmidt says:

I have known the Jensen’s for a long time and have had no problems. Nobody can possibly know what did or didn’t happen unless they were there. Hoopefully the truth comes out soon so the family can move on with a normal and happy life. Best of wishes to the Jensen family my prayers are with you Denis.

5. Heather Miller (White) says:

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS LOAD OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Jensen family is full of great people. I have known them for a very long time and I strongly believe Dennis is not capable of these accusations. Its just a bunch of bull……I am praying for the family and hopefully this will get resolved soon and they can move forward from this!

6. Linda Hansen says:

I am finding this really hard to believe hoping the truth comes out so the jenson family can move on and put the nightmare behind them soon.

7. suzi hampton says:

It is wrong when innocent people are wrongly accused of crime. I have known dennis for years. My children grew up around this family and I trust Dennis without any reservations and yes this is crap what is being done to him

8. Mark Weber says:

It is my hope that his exoneration is as public as his humiliation has been.

9. Z. Wade Hampton says:

Nice going, all you who have joined together to ruin an otherwise respectable man and his family.
    We are all standing by Dennis Jensen and his family.
    When the truth comes out, if it ever does come out, I hope counter charges are filed and someone else looses a bit of their freedom and respectability.

10. Tammy Quilci Briggs says:

I couldn’t believe it when I heard about this in the paper. Dennis Jensen has always been a great father and business man. I have known the family for many years and used to babysit for them many years ago. I can not and will not believe that Dennis would ever do anything of the sort to anyone. He and his family have my full support. I believe that he is innocent! My prayers go out for him and his family!

11. Colleen Guinnane says:

If you didn’t here it with your own ears, or see it with your own eyes; don’t invent it with your small mind, or spread it with your big mouth.
    Kushandwizdom. Tumber
    Nobody whether innocent or guilty should ever be treated as one sided or humiliated as badly as Denis has.

12. Kathy Frew says:

My heart is SO saddened at this!! For all of my years knowing Dennis and considering the entire family a very special and loved group!! My prayers are with all of you!!